Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Laundry Room, The Butterfly

The laundry room has undergone a metamorphosis . . . . what was just an empty room is now a functional space for sewing or other craftwork. I had Diane Hailey from the local Closet Concepts design an installation that includes floor-to-almost-ceiling linen closet, fold-out ironing board, drawers, shelves, and work countertop/laundry folding area. Here is what it looked like before the installation:


















Basically just an empty box with a pathetic folding table opposite the washer and dryer. If not for the excellent tile job, this room would have been a total negative. But now.......it's a wow. Check it:





















The cabinetry is a pretty close match to the walls, which enhances the "built-in" look, and the countertop is a good match for the accent tiles in the floor and wall. Actually, I wonder if I ever posted a picture of the finished tile? In case I have not, here is one:


The room is now really making that utility tub look particularly sucky. I may have to replace that someday. In the meantime, i am looking forward to filling up the shelves and drawers and hanging some artwork.

No comments: