Thursday, September 6, 2007

launch

Photo albums are over and you can't pay me enough to "scrapbook" (as though "scrapbook" is a verb) so let the blogging commence - as though "blogging" is a verb, but never mind. The first rule of blogging is that there are no rules.

My blog is all about my new home renovation project. I have successfully persuaded my husband to agree that we should buy a house that is a relic of the Disco Era. It has those great bones that everyone seeks - just needs some updates, she said. heheheh.

But, really - this place was crying out for someone, anyone, to take on the charge of dragging it into the 21st century. It was custom-designed and built in 1978 by people who loved it exactly the way it was built AND NEVER CHANGED A THING. So it is time. This will be my record of choice for figuring out exactly what I do with it, along with the why and how, before and after, blood, sweat and tears included. Here is a picture of the front of the house. It doesn't look like much, but that is because the landscaping is so dense and overgrown that you can barely see the house. This place is all about the landscaping and trees. Huge trees, naturalized plantings. Almost heaven. I am going to love it here. The house is incidental compared to the lot, but I am going to love the renovation process. It is going to be huge, so I will show you the plans bit by bit on the old Need-to-Know basis. And pretend it is all under control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your name, Renovationbloviatrix! What a relief, I will just watch you work. Tee-Hee. This should be fun

mom said...

Can't wait to see the progress