Saturday, September 8, 2007

Help Is On The Way

I had a stroke of genius - - - - we need to bust a move and get our stuff packed and into the new house. It is down to making a decision about hiring people to help pack or we will never get there. Then I realized I should buy my mom and sister airline tickets to fly here and help me instead. It is probably even cheaper than hiring help because I got such a good deal on last-minute fares, and these two are workhorses. When I had a garage sale before moving to Blacksburg, they drove down to help me set it up and do the sale. My sister should win the Garage Saleswoman of the Year Award for Excellence. We took in over $1,100.00 in US Dollars from that sale and it was all because of the way she was passing out bags and encouraging people to go ahead and buy stuff. And 90% of it was little crap we sold for $5 or less.

They will be here tomorrow afternoon, and then we will plow into it. Movers will move the big stuff on the following Saturday and then we let the dust settle. Can't wait to walk out onto that deck with my morning coffee!

No comments: