Saturday, July 26, 2008

Time out to welcome readers of LiveModern

Welcome to my blog! I found LiveModern when searching for shogi-screen doors. This is a saga about renovating a house that was modern in 1978. But just like that space odyssey mission to Jupiter that was due to arrive in 2001, the place was freeze-dried soon after launch. It has been revived from that state, and is slowly reanimating as I move from room to room renovating the life back into it. It is a great house on a splendid lot in a pleasant neighborhood in a sleepy little university town in beautiful part of western Virginia - in a word, it is worthy. While out-dated now, it will live on eternally modern if I have anything to say about it. . . . . and I can't shut up!

Please take a bit of time to go back to the first entry where I launched this operation so you will have the context for what I am doing here, and I hope you will find it interesting and maybe even inspiring. My philosophy is that the world would be a better place if we would all get busy retiling our bathrooms, kitchens, and any other appropriate surface we can find. Stone and tile are among the most beautiful materials on the planet, so earthy and organic even when shiney and synthetic. These materials will play a major role in my renovation as it evolves over the next few years.

So browse or study as your schedule permits, and feel free to send me your comments, questions (even if they start out with "why in the hell.......") or suggestions, because this is my new obsession in life.

Thanks for your time!

p.s. every surface is or can be made appropriate!

No comments: