Saturday, July 12, 2008

The One That Got Away

On a recent trip we had chance to see what the new owners of our former residence has done to the kitchen. Gutting that sucker was long over-due, and something I wanted to do everyday that I lived there, but the list of projects there was way too long and I just never got there. This is not exactly what I would have done, but I think they did an outstanding job. Tiles, cabinets, appliances, everything is new. These are cell-phone pictures, so the quality is not the greatest, but I think it is still clear that it was well-executed.
The new counter-tops are concrete, and the cabinets are all a nice matte black. I love the in-cabinet lights. The wall tiles are black with red and black glass accent strips.
The microwave is the same one we had, but the other appliances are new. I love the hardware on the cabinets, too.












Here is a close up shot of the glass tiles on one end of the room.....


And the wall tiles with strips of glass as accents......








And this is the floor, which is the same tile as those on the wall behind the range.......





Looking from the kitchen into the breakfast nook.......
Not a fan of the table and chairs, or color scheme, but again I think it is very nicely done. The light fixture is the same one we put up, and they even made that nasty paneling look good by painting it.
All in all, an outstanding job.









No comments: