Monday, July 28, 2008

Down to the last details in two bathrooms.........






I visited my mom and sister in Indiana over the weekend, and it came to my attention that I have not posted the progress on the powder room in the entryway and the bathroom in our guest bedroom. So here is a the powder room with lights, mirrors, towel bar, etc., all installed..........


The to-do-list for this bathroom is down to patching the grout in a couple spots, and there is a carpenter that will start on the pocket door this week - yay, finally!

And here is the replacement faucet for the guest bathroom, flanked by my exciting find - - - glass soap dish and water tumbler mini-shelves (ordered from www.atgstores.com) that are such a fine match for the sink. You can get a better sense of the iridescent quality of the backsplash tiles in this picture, too. I bought the last of the tiles from www.naturalstoneoutlet.com, so they no longer have them on their website.

And notice also the sleek drain pipe. It takes something that is so functional and turns it into a sculptural detail. I never thought I would be so admiring of a piece of plumbing. My plumber has temporarilly connected the water supply lines with brass fittings, but has ordered chrome, which he will install the next time he is working on another project. The sink, faucet, and drain pipe are all from ModernDanish.com, so if the hot links to the individual pieces don't work, just go to their homepage and browse. It is so worth it.
Here is a picture of the light fixture. There is a new exhaust fan with ceiling light, too, so now there is more light overall in the room. That ceiling light allowed me to turn off the lights in the 3-light fixture so I could get a decent photograph. The only things left to do here are 1) install the toilet paper holder, 2) finish the floor, and waaayy off in the future we will replace the shower with a real shower pan and tile walls. When we do that, I want to cut a small window to let some light into the bathroom from the adjacent closet, which actually has a window in it.

No comments: