Saturday, March 8, 2008

Well, I WAS going to start tiling.............



BUT - I got a great deal on a last-minute airfare to Denver to visit my daughter and family. Since I don't have that replacement box of tile anyway.......... it would be kinda stupid to start putting up tile now anyway. According to the UPS tracking info, it should arrive on Tuesday. So I will fly out tomorrow (Saturday) and come back on Tuesday afternoon.
In the meantime, here is the sink I just bought online at an ebay store. Snagged it for $79.00 plus shipping. It is also available on the store website for $99, which is still a huge discount, at Modern Danish. I love this website because they have such very cool and unusual stuff. I have a couple old friends who are Danish, too, and they are also very cool and unusual. Cultural trait, perhaps. Even better are the closeout and scratch/dent deals they have in the "Outlet" menu. Fabulously beautiful stuff, sometimes slightly damaged, but they have clear descriptions of what the damage is, with pictures so that you know what you will be getting. Some of it is just overstock or old stuff. I guess even sinks can go out of style. But mostly I think it is a matter of more and more interesting things coming onto the market, so that the "old" stuff starts looking stale, even though you have never actually seen it in anyone's house yet.
I am still trying to decide on the vanity base I will put in there. I know it will be black, and it needs to be somewhere between 25"-36" wide. The most critical thing is that it must be less than 21.5" deep so that the door can swing completely open.
I will think about it on the plane.

No comments: