Monday, February 25, 2008

Having the Right Tools Makes All the Difference!

You hear it all the time, and that's because it is so true. Having the right tool makes every thing about a task so much easier. Here are a few of the tools I have collected for this work.
I mentioned my new drill. My husband bought it for me so I would be able to mix the thinset mortar for the subfloor and setting the floor tiles. I have a long attachment for mixing the mortar, and the drill has an extra handle that fits around it so you can use two hands. That really helped me out when I was screwing the backerboard down to the subfloor. Cordless drills are great, but they don't have enough umph to do some jobs. The plug-in electric drill has alot more power.
This job, and the tile to come, required a lot of time on my knees. I wouldn’t be able to do that and still be able to walk the next day without this nifty little kneepad with handles. The knee pad cushions the knees, and the handles help you get up and down, especially about the 47th time you need to stand or kneel back down. I got this one from a website/catalog for Gardener’s Supply, but I have seen them other places since I got mine. You can flip it over and it is a bench. The handles fold flat for storage, but mine is almost always in use somewhere around the house. I don't think I could do this kind of work anymore if I didn't have this thing.

No comments: