Saturday, April 19, 2008

I recall casually saying that the sink base was no problem...........

Well, that was wrong. It was a huge pain in the ass because the existing plumbing came out of the side wall, not the back, plus it was old and rusted out. Rick had to work all day+ to change the pipes, he painted the waste pipe so it wouldn't show, and did a beautiful job installing new copper pipes that look fantastic. He cut through the side of the cabinet, shimmed the legs to level it, laid a beautiful caulk line between the cabinet top and the wall, and assembled the whole thing. And that was after the herculean effort to install the toilet, which required drilling a hole in the floor to bring the water supply up from the basement, and lifting the entirely assembled toilet to put it in place. He was not a big fan of the toilet design, and had to improvise and trouble-shoot all day long with the supply line, the bolts, the - you name it, he figured out a way to do it. My newly designated plumber-for-life. Here is everything finally FINALLY installed! If the room was a little bigger, it would be easier to get a good picture. These don't do it justice. It really is stunningly beautiful. Next I need to clean up the walls a bit, put a little caulk along the edges of the wall tile, and get a toilet paper holder and towel bar. I have the mirror for over the sink, and will put it up in the morning. And then I can see if the light fixtures I bought will fit. They might be a bit too big, but I won't know for sure until the mirror is up, and then I can check to see how they look.


I am even excited about this silly register cover I found at Home Depot.
Sharky is fascinated by this toilet.





No comments: